There are more than 4,000 Roundabouts in the U.S.
Roundabout Fun Facts:
- Reduce congestion.
- Provide continuous and efficient flow of traffic.
- Provide traffic calming. Vehicle speed is significantly reduced on approach.
- Reduce severe injury crashes by approximately 80% compared to traditional two-way, stop-controlled intersections.
- Reduce vehicle emissions and fuel consumption by over 17% compared to signalized intersections.
- Can accommodate larger vehicles.
- Improve intersection aesthetics.
OMNNI’s roundabout designers have provided analysis, review and design for more than 70 roundabouts including single- and multi-lane roundabouts in urban and rural settings. Our roundabout engineers are level 2 WisDOT qualified roundabout designers.
Related article: 7 things you should know before driving through a roundabout
For more information visit: Wisconsin Department of Transportation