OMNNI provided site design and construction administration for a new, 80-acre Public Safety Training Center for Fox Valley Technical College, which is located on airport land. The unique site design included:
– indoor and outdoor rifle ranges
– a burn tower
– confined space and trench rescue simulator
– stormwater ponds that are also used for drafting and underwater rescue training
– an EVOC track and skills pad
– skid pad
– a 727 aircraft
– simulated city for crisis situation training
– an 82,500-square-foot classroom building with tactical labs
The project also included a 475-stall parking lot and two miles of new road. Extensive coordination with regulatory agencies was critical.
Take an aerial tour here.