OMNNI provided complete design services for a 9,700-square-foot expansion including architectural design and structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and civil engineering. An architectural rendering, including a virtual tour, was created to help with fundraising efforts.
Design features include:
• A 300-seat sanctuary, church offices, meeting rooms
• Split-face decorative masonry walls and an exposed tongue and groove ceiling with large, open, supporting timber trusses throughout the main sanctuary
• A large, insulated window located behind the pulpit, arched windows on either side of the facility, and clerestory windows to allow natural light to enter the church
• A large narthex to provide overflow space during worship services
• A 700-square-foot church library to store books, videos and tapes
• The new curved entrance provides a welcoming space for church goers and provides access to the parking lot
Structural design included:
• Custom heavy timber, glue-laminated wood trusses supporting tongue-and-groove roof over the sanctuary
• Custom arched lintels in exterior masonry walls
• Standard steel joist bearing on masonry walls or steel framing for remainder of building addition
• New elevator shaft and basement access in building addition
The existing church was renovated to include an at-grade fellowship hall with a serving kitchen. Renovations included storage areas, a large area for multi-use functions, two large ADA-compliant restrooms, a children’s nursery and a new entry to the north parking lot.